Kyle's Career Filmstrip: TV Series and Movies

Aug 15, 2011

FNLs: On the Page and on the Small Screen

Just as Rick Perry has been haunting the announced Republican candidates in Iowa in preparation for his own entry into the campaign, Texas has been haunting me in the past week. Everywhere I look: Texas. I got through a marathon viewing of season four of Friday Night Lights only to discover that Netflix wasn't making season five available for instant viewing and the network was only making the final few episodes available on the net. Most of Mao's Last Dancer, a film I picked up earlier in the week, takes place in Houston. One of the books I have been reading, The Shooting Salvationist, deals with a true crime and trial in Midland and Austin; and the other which I have just finished in my Friday Night Lights binge is the H. G. Bissinger book on which the TV series was based. (Click the link below for the full article.)

No comments:

Post a Comment