Kyle's Career Filmstrip: TV Series and Movies

Dec 15, 2010

Best Shows of 2010: Friday Night Lights

Best Drama: Friday Night Lights (Direct TV/NBC)

There was a lot of great drama on television this year (Southland was exceptional, Lost went out in glorious fashion, Men of a Certain Age was moving and effective), but I would be remiss if I didn't place FNL at the top of my list, just where it has been since the show premiered in 2006. It's hard to believe that this will be it's last season. No other show has me cheering and laughing and crying week in and week out. Even during the cringe worthy moments (Julie's affair with the TA) I can't bring myself to raise the remote and fast forward through them. I've stated time and again on Popdose that this show is the most realistic portrayal of small town life I've ever seen on television, with beautifully written and acted characters, smart direction, and perfect music selections to create the mood of each scene (not to mention W.G. Snuffy's poignant score). I love the Taylors; I love the community of Dillon, Texas; and I love Friday Night Lights.

http://www.tv.com/2010-year-end-tv-review-scott-malchus/webnews/229285.html

No comments:

Post a Comment