Kyle's Career Filmstrip: TV Series and Movies

Nov 9, 2010

Actors: Secrets of Their Success

Kyle Chandler: "I grew up in a tiny town and when I was in college I didn’t know I was going to go into acting. I’d met some people at 3 o’clock in the morning at the University of Georgia and one fella became a very good friend of mine. He’s passed away since, but as they were leaving that morning the one guy pulled me over and said, ’There’s an audition in the Cellar Theater at the University for "A Comedy of Errors."’ And to this day I have no idea why I went there and got the script. I think because the people we met there were absolutely lunatics, they were insane. And I liked that.

I went and got the script and studied it, auditioned, and got the part and played the one brother. When we did the dress rehearsal and the teachers were sitting around and when that applause happened, and I was center stage, I cried inside. It was like: THIS is it."

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/movies/general/view/20101108actors_the_secrets_of_their_success/srvc=home&position=recent


No comments:

Post a Comment